Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunshine, Smoothies, and Snow (and a tid bit of School)

Yesterday my group of friends planned a big bonfire that we were going to have in Provo Canyon because of the nice weather we had had all week. But it snowed hard all day long, so Johanna had the great idea to have a summer party at her apartment. We cranked the heat up, wore our summer clothes, made smoothies, and played a game of Poor-Man's Cranium, with all of our words centered around the theme of "Summer." It almost gave me a weird feeling to be thinking all about summer but to know that it was snowing outside. Nick and I made a strawberry banana smoothie that everyone loved and others made all types of new smoothies that we enjoyed. Here are some pictures of Nick and I with my new hair color and of the party.

Now about school, I picked my major! It's going to be Public Health: Health Promotion Track. I've talked to two academic advisors this week and they helped me decide what to do. I want to work in a health clinic eventually and work with people who are trying to manage their weight. I'm going to declare my major this week and I'm so excited about it. One of the reasons I love this major: NO Chemistry! Yaya! The major seems very straightforward and I know it is something I will love to do.





8 comments:

  1. this blog just gets better and better. the smoothies u made were the best! the pictures you posted are cool too. they make me want it to be summer already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is wrong with me that I have never known you had a blog? Am I getting Alzheimer's, or have you forgotten to tell me? It's really cute, it made me want to be there for all of the fun stuff you do (except that no one would have actually WANTED me there--Here's my mom, she's gonna hang out with us every single freakin' night!" (me): Howdy all!

    OK so guess what, my choir sounded good today. I was so proud! They actually almost sounded like a real, honest-to-goodness choir!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you had a blog-and I love it. What fun things you are doing, I wish I were there (of course it would be much like mom's above comment). Make me a smoothie. OH and comment on my blog or you suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Increase that school thing to more than a "tid bit" please...

    Lovingly, yo' mamma
    PS--now, aren't you happy you told me about your blog? he he he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why isnt' my picture showing up yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I mention that my choir sounded good today, anyone? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie! I'm so glad you went to advisement! Good girl! It helps so much to go there every semester, so make it a habit! I'm glad you had a fun party and I have to say, I like you better as a blonde. lol. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Katie! Your hair looks amazing! Johanna's hair looks different in every picture (what color IS it?). And Nick's hair looks facial. Seriously though, your blog is cute and so fun to read.

    ReplyDelete